Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Some of my Older Artwork

SO, I've decided to post of my older artwork I created for my portfolio last year. Some of its for that and some of its new or older stuff that I did for fun. So with each pic I'll put a little info.

So First Off...

 "Next Mutation in 1988 Style" heres a pic i did of the NM cast of turtles in 88 toon style. This is OLD! and its TERRIBLE! BUT I figured I'd post it anyways lol.
 "Casey & Raphael" I did this as a test for using Gimp. I had never used it before and wanted to color a picture with my new tablet. the first pic you see is hand drawn and colored with markers. the 2nd picture is edited with gimp, and the third has a background super imposed into it. Its really lame looking but oh well.
 "Mirage Raphael Pencil Drawing" I did this for art class and for my portfolio. It was completely hand drawn and shaded with a pencil and a shading stick. Im really proud of this.
 "OROKU SAKI THE SHREDDER" this was done for my portfolio. it took about 10 mins tops.
 "Busty April" this is a fan art of a fan art if that makes sense. I saw this pic and wanted  to add it to a tattoo sleeve i was working on and for my portfolio. still working on the sleeve.
 "COWABUNGA!<3" This was done for the fun of trying new angles. Her face is F****d up as shit but oh well. I still kinda like it.
 "Candy Fine" this is my modernized interpretation of Mondo Gecko's girlfriend. I fell in love with her for a period of time and this was how i thought of her in my head if she was a teen nowadays.
 "NICKELODEON'S DONNIE" this is my interpretation of the new styleed Don for Nick's new TMNT show. I read the descriptions of his character and felt the need to draw him looking innocent. Im really happy with how this one came out.
 "Gift For Cam Clarke" I had gotten into contact with Leonardo voice actor Cam Clarke a few weeks before doing this and He said that he'd autograph a picture for me. So in return I drew him this for troubling him. unfortunately that was back in May 2011 and I STILL havent sent him the package with this or the pic to autograph. mostly due to moving and being super busy and hopefully he hasnt emailed me because i had to switch emails do to some really important stuff. I plan to send it within the next week or two.. I feel terrible about it,.hopefully he will still remember me.
 "Leonardo Scratchboard WIP" I started this for art class and it never got finished. I lost it unfortunately and wish i could find it so i can finish it. I had the scan from my old deviantart saved tho.
 "MIRAGE GROUP Scratchboard" this was done for art class and my portfolio. i sketched it on the scratchboard and then used the scratching tools to make it look this way. the symbols are japanese and say "Leo, Don, Raph, Mike". Very proud of how this came out
 "Mirage Mikey Colored" i hand drew this and then inked and colored it with markers. took several hours.
 "Mondo and Candy" these are my versions of Candy Fine and Mondo Gecko in a pose used on an old tshirt design i saw online.
 "MIRAGE TURTLES Colored" this ones 2 years old. I hand drew in pencil, inked  and colored it with markers.
 "Disguised Raphael" another hand drawn and colored Raph
 "Mirage Raphael Colored" yet another hand drawn, inked, colored Raph. took several days to finish it.
 "Color Blanks Mirage Shredder Figurine" this was done for fun. I got a little color blank figure and sketched it out on the pamplet it came with and scanned that. then i colored it with permanent markers. Im pretty pleased with it. unfortunately the blades on both hands came off.
 "TCRI Canister WIP" this is reallly old. I did this using spray paint, permanent marker, green paint and an old prescription bottle. Since then i had finished it off with another end but it broke. still have both pieces tho.
 "OLD TOON COLLAGE" done for an artshow I did a year ago at Orycon, a Portland Oregon based Sci-Fi convention.
 "OLD TOON Accordion card" done for art class and my portfolio. I hand drew everything on a blank accordion card, inked and colored it, then used an exacto knife to cut out the centers of the 1st two pages.
"Cowabunga Corner Design Contest Entry" done for a contest to design a new tshirt template for Michelle Ivey's Cowabunga Corner website. the contest was to create an image with a turtle (not copyrighted character) and the blog's name. I lost. end of story lol

No comments:

Post a Comment